Friday, September 24, 2010
I believed I have learnt quite a lot of stuffs from Michael. His current age was 50 years old. Old enough to be my father. But he look like 30 years old only?! OMG, serious I tell you. Seems like he really know how to exercise WORK LIFE BALANCE. 保养 Envy**
Share with you some main points what this course was about. The most important habits in life.
Habit 1: Be Proactive - Take charge of your own futune and increase influence at work and in life
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind - Identify the priorities in professional and personal roles
Habit 3: Put first things first : Adopt effective planning system. Focus on top priorities, TIME MATRIX and be able to plan weekly. Choose Big Rocks
Habit 4: Think Win-Win - Balance courage and consideration. Effective long term relationship require mutual respect and mutual benefits
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood - Better understand the important people in your life. Eliminate autobiographical responses. Be able to listen empathically. Watch for signals
Habit 6: Synergize : Deal more productively with conflict and differences. Check willingness, Reflect viewpoints and create new ideas. Use the third alternatives.
Lastly Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw - Improve continuously and achieve greater work life balance. Social/Emotional dimension, Mental dimension, Spiritual dimension and Physical dimension
In order not to disappoint Michael and throw Citibank's money into the big drain, I will try to apply these onto my daily life. Though I will not turn effective just overnight but yes I trust myself to be more effective and efficient in the future! Hehe
